Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I live in Utah. I paid cash for a car. I don't have a job. I have been living out of a suitcase, sleeping on carpet, and bumming food off friends. This is what it has come down to. I know that moving out of your parents home is a big step to most, but to me, its quite normal. I love having to limit my items to fit in a 50 lb-maximum-weight suitcase; only getting to pack 6 flannels instead of the 13 in my closet. It's nothing surprising when I realize I forgot my eye glasses in Texas, my pants in Idaho, and my carry-on full of shoes is still sitting my trunk. I'm trying my best to attract positive and driven thoughts. I have learned that discouragement attracts negativity and I committed to myself, long ago, to cut out any thing/person of that sort. I have been able to spend the last two weeks with some of my oldest friends, catching up on their new love lives, fiances and husbands. I had forgotten how to socialize with people of my age, there for a while, and now realize I just moved my life out to one of the biggest most- social scenes in America. I don't feel homesick, nor know which home I'd even feel sick from missing, but I now appreciate all the many times my parents moved us as kids. Moving has strengthened my mind and personality in a way like any other life event. I have been able to gain fearlessness of getting on a plane alone, getting lost on the highway driving across states, and understanding cultures and why people are the way they are.

 I am happy to be here. My mind starts to wander on "where to next?" but I think I may just stay a while.

2 comments: