Tuesday, November 13, 2012



I'm leaving the place I have called home for the last year and a half. It's such a bittersweet feeling. It's a never-ending transfer of promotions---life wise. I am so excited to have my parents out here for my last couple weeks of life on the island. After December I am flying home for Christmas and then off to a new land 8,000 miles from home. I'm going alone, something I have never encountered--straight solitary. Volunteering in an Orphanage in Cape Coast, Ghana from January until mid-April will start 2013 off perfectly. This is something I have been dreaming and planning for quite some time now. I feel overly blessed with the opportunity to partake in such an amazing service. I will have no cell phone, no internet at my fingertips, no hot water, and many other "necessities" of my current life but I have never felt more ready to rid of these habits of addiction.

Call me anxious Annie, but let's get this show on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment