Monday, March 7, 2011

busybusylifelife

I've become sick of blogging lately... no all social networking, really. Probably cause I wake up at 6 am everyday and as of last week work 55 hours a week. I run around a daycare with about 26 children, ages 16 months-5 years old. What a blessing it is to have been chosen for this day job. I am greeted with a million hugs every morning even if I have to pry their little fingers off their moma's legs. This breaks my heart to see parent's having to leave their little ones so early each morning, but in a non-selfish way, I am glad to have the whole day with them! We play lots of games, make crafts, play outside, read books, have music time, eat snacks & plenty more. Although playing and running around like crazy is fun, my favorite is when one comes up to ask me to sit in my lap to read them a Dr.Suess book for the 7th time that day, to answer their cute questions about the world, to "pet" their back so they can fall asleep for nap, or to wipe their nose with a tissue. Unfortunately all the runny noses, coughs, and sore throats have attacked my weak immune system and left me with a bad cold, going on 8 days now.

Working days here and nights at Coal Vine's has really helped with blocking out other (stressful) things going on in my life. At my last visit to the Oncologist I had my 3 month MRI & PET scans; both having good results. I also had a body scan of new or existing moles. 3 suspicious moles were removed, none of which were brand new, and sent off for testing. My mother broke the bad news to me about one of the moles on my right calf, sadly bearing that it too, was positive for Melanoma. My first reaction was uncontrollable crying, lose of breath, and nauseous stomach. When she explained to me that this time around was not going to be as tedious, painful, and serious... my anxiety levels turned down a notch and she held me as she tried to explain what would come next. She said that this time I would just need surgery for the existing area around the mole. I will have another scar... and another chapter to my stroll through Skin Cancer.

Tomorrow is my surgery day. I am more than prepared for this. My fearlessness since September 2010 has skyrocketed, although I still get that gulp in my throat about it every now and then. Tonight during family night my dad spoke to us about how lucky we are to have a family. Each member was meant to have a purpose in the family. He says that without each other and each others' strengths holding us all together, we would break. He testified that Heavenly Father gives us struggles as a whole so we can see the blessings we do have and to show us that we need to be grateful for those things because they can be taken from us at any moment. I am so thankful for my family and the love they show towards me and every member in our home. I am blessed to have such amazing friends, neighbors, co-workers, and strangers who care and love for my family & I. I know I need to practice what I preach about staying positive through the rough times, praying, and being grateful for what we do have, but writing this post out has given me a different outlook on my feelings for the night than I had 45 minutes ago; thank you blogspot. my apologizes for the neglect.


p.s I can't wait to see this in my back yard one day


1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry.
    I know you can continue to be the brave, wonderfully optimistic person I love so dearly!
    You WILL beat this.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete