Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2011(:


I never do these little questionnaires cause I feel like it's so "Myspace Post Days" but my lack of posts recently has convinced me to fill one out for the New Year.

  1. If the last year were a movie of your life, what would the genre be? Drama, romance, adventure, comedy, tragedy, or a combination? Oh goodness. I would say it was an adventure with some pit stops & bumps in the road but to a happy place.
  2. What were the two or three major themes that kept recurring? These can be single words or phrases. For me, they were: ache of the heart, accomplishment of goals, tears (all kinds) from the eyes
  3. What did you accomplish this past year that you are the most proud of?These can be in any area of your life—spiritual, relational, vocational physical, etc. Be as specific as possible. Here are some of mine: Funny I just mentioned this...I was going to write about the accomplishment of some of my schooling then I realized how my dad laughed at me for saying so the other day. He says you got your "ass"ociates degreeeee! It made me laugh.. because a lot has happened to my bottom, my best 'asset' hahahah (that was for my mom, not to mention inherited from her as well) this year. My biggest accomplishment was completing my Chemotherapy Treatment for the Melanoma developed on a mole on my hind end. blerg.bleh.blek.blah
  4. What disappointments or regrets did you experience this past year? As leaders, we naturally have high expectations of ourselves and others. Where did you let yourself down? Where did you let others down? I am upset at how I handled a certain situation in my love life. I am confused about how to go about fixing it to this day. I still have a little bit of what you call 'hard feelings' from it. I have always been one to stand up for myself when I feel something is wrong and I did so in a way that could have been handled differently but was not, because of the situation that followed. I am disappointed in myself for some of my actions but everything that happened was eye-opening for me. I found out a lot about certain people, including myself, and I found that people are extremely sly, only a few can be trusted. I realized who my true friends are, and how many of them that I have. It makes me sad that this situation was all an act but there is nothing I can do now but move on from it, and that is what I have tried to do from day one of it occurring. I do not regret anything that happened because it was something I once wanted and to this day has made me a stronger girl and has revealed a lot about my heart I did not know existed. Love does conquers all, I am so grateful for this 'feature' in life. If I get any chance at apology this year I will do so. I am so ready to be a new Brit --- physically, mentally, & spiritually.
  5. What was missing from last year as you look back? Again, look at each major area of your life. Don’t focus now on having to do anything about it. For now, just list each item. I wish I would have spent more time involved at church..I feel like I kinda just floated through the year in this aspect. Another factor that could have could have taken place more often is serving others. It is known that serving others makes us forget about our own challenges and develops us into selfless people. I am guilty of getting caught up in the worldly things in life and do know I need to spend less on this and more on the 'homely' things. I would have liked to have been more involved at school in clubs or activities as well.. I lack the desire to be in any type of leadership position. My sister took that gene, ha. Speaking of her, she was also missing from last year, physically, and this was a tough challenge to deal with. The events that took place would have been so much better and approached differently if she had been present because of her example and path she has carved out for her little sister. She was there as much as she could be and I am so thankful for that. I would not be the person I am today without my sister's love, care, encouragement, and perfection.
  6. What were the major life-lessons you learned this past year? I have learned so much about love. I have developed a strong love for each and every one of Heavenly Fathers children. I think this developed because of the life-threatening circumstance that each of my days revolved around. I realize the beauty of the peace that comes with giving love. I am a sucker for love stories as well. So many people have showed their love and went beyond belief for my family. I feel this was an eye-opener given to me. I need to focus more of my life around treating others as Christ would, with love. This year, along with every other year, I learned that my parents are the most amazing people on this planet. I observe them in a different way now. I watch how they work with each others' differences and show their love for each other. I am grateful for my dad and the love he has for my siblings and I. I am glad he is able to show his emotions. I know they come straight from the heart. His encouragement for his daughters to marry a better man then him, scares me at times because I truly don't know if there is anyone even on the same level as him, let a lone better. I learned that my mother will go to any lengths for her children. I saw her at 4 am on nights coming to comfort me, even if she had to be up at 6 to get my brothers ready for school. I saw her in the drivers seat trying to keep my spirits high, while yawning and trying to hold her own tears back at the same time.I have learned that I need to be more loving and kind, especially to those I am not too fond of. I know I need to forgive and forget more often because this shows a sign of a compassion & a loving heart. I want to give my heart another shot at being in love. I want to do it different this year. I want my heart to speak through action. I am glad to be alive for you 2011, I will show you how blessed I am to be apart of your year(:

No comments:

Post a Comment